API > Request Formats
This is currently a low REST API: as a general rule, use GET to retrieve data and POST to update or insert.
- Using GET: all parameters are encoded in the URI string.
- Using POST: all parameters are read using POST variables, including your API key.
- GET request to https://.vendo.co.nz/api/products?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY – List all products
- GET request to https://.vendo.co.nz/api/product/1?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY – List all product data with product_id of 1
- GET request to https://.vendo.co.nz/api/product?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&product_id=1&fields=price,name – List only price and name for product with product_id of 1
- GET request to https://.vendo.co.nz/api/orders?api_key=YOUR_API_KEY&limit=25 – List the most recent 25 orders
- POST request to https://.vendo.co.nzapi/product with no product_id – Create a new product
- POST request to https://.vendo.co.nz/api/product/1 – Update product with product_id of 1